Monday, November 15, 2010

If only I could

live in this movie my life would be complete.


"Let the stormy clouds chase everyone from the place. Come on with the rain, I've a smile on my face."

Romance was so vibrant and uplifting back then. Now I feel as if it's practically nonexistent;  between text messages, facebook, gchat, and weekends at the Skybar relationships have become superficial and there's a lack of excitement and emotional connection. Instead of our heart beating quickly when he walks us to the door, (which, unfortunately, rarely happens in most cases) now it comes when we receive a lousy text message. What would it take to make a grown man sing in the rain just from being in the presence of a lovely lady? Why do we, as a generation of independent successful young women, accept anything less than real romance? We have allowed men, as well as ourselves, to become lazy in the ways of love, and I think that's a tragedy. Maybe it's because we seem too busy for real romance, and a simple text message will have to do, but in reality that wastes more time and isn't as efficient as nice old fashioned courting. That's the type of romance I'm looking for. To be frank, perhaps I'm so adamant about this type of romance because I've experienced it before. You may ask why it didn't work out, and I'll tell you it was not because of the lack of romance or interest. As cliché as it sounds, it truly just was not the right time or the right place. Maybe somewhere down the road I'll find it again, but until then I will stick to old movies. C'est la vie, une fille peut rêver.

No comments:

Post a Comment