Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Tis the Season

To give something up for Lent.

After much debate, I have decided (thanks to the suggestion of a very dear young man) to give up caffeine, particularly coffee. It is going to be absolutely terrible, and probably way harder than my previous sacrifices (such as soft drinks and iced tea), but I think I can do it. I may be a little grouchy at first, or even sluggish in class, but overall I think it will be good for me. After all, what's the point of giving up something you're really not too attached to? But I can say with fervor, that I am 100% attached to coffee.

Coffee leads men to trifle away their time, scald their chops, and spend their money, all for a little base, black, thick, nasty, bitter, stinking nauseous puddle water.  ~The Women's Petition Against Coffee, 1674
Maybe this quote will help motivate me... a little; however, I have a feeling coffee has changed a little since the 15th century.

No comments:

Post a Comment