Sunday, April 10, 2011

Dry Bones

No, I'm not talking about this little guy (Dry Bones from Mario)
I'm talking about literal dry bones. Dead people. Being void of breath (or spirit). Today in church the sermon was taken from Ezekiel 37:1-14 about the valley of dry bones, and how God commanded Ezekiel to preach to the dry bones so that they may become new and reassembled and understand the awesomeness of God. This got me thinking about how so many of us are just dry bones in our everyday life. Not necessarily just spiritually, but disconnected from our general surroundings. When it comes to my academics, I've definitely been a pair of dry bones this semester. Call it senioritis if you want, but let's get real and just admit it's laziness. Sure I do enough to get by and have worked hard the past four years, but forgetting more than three ethics quizzes in two months is a little excessive. I got so burnt out on studying for the LSAT and worrying about law school applications that I fooled myself into thinking that school was over and I needed to rest up before I begin the treacherous downfall of my social life called law school. But this is a fallacy. I have a feeling the day I graduate (and for ever and ever afterwards) I'll be kicking myself for not taking advantage of all of the learning I could have done in college. Everyone always says, "If I knew how to study in college like I do law school I would've made straight A's no doubt." And I'm sure this will be me, so why not start with the last semester while I still can and try to pick up the slack. I actually really enjoy school --nerd-- and from now on I'm going to step it up and get my act together.

I've also let this happen some what in my social life. I think it's just because we are all so busy with our own lives and planning our futures that we are forgetting to enjoy every single second of the present, and with one tiny month (barely) before graduation I want to make the most of my last few weeks at Auburn and make memories with my friends that I will never forget (while also keeping up with my academic resolution). I think part of it is the environment I have placed myself in. I need to get out more, go for long walks, and enjoy the little wonders of life on a daily basis. I'm not a lazy person. I'm not a dumb person. I think I was just a bunch of dry bones laying around waiting to be put back together.

-randomly and coincidentally now playing: 22 By Lily Allen I hope I can revive my dry bones so I don't turn into this girl.

1 comment:

  1. I love your positive attitude towards life and how you own up to the way you are or the way you feel at times. I love blogging. It's just my time to write exactly what is on my mind and not think twice about it. I, too, feel like dry bones, not only sometimes but actually a lot. Especially, lately. I'm ready to get my act together as well and finish what I started so that I can stop dreaming about the future and actually start living it! I completely agree that we all get so caught up in planning that we forget what we are capable of becoming. It's like we all just need to get high on life every once in awhile! ;)

    Sorry--didn't mean to write a novel, haha! Thanks for a little bit of light! I needed it! :)

    p.s. obviously--you can tell but the comment post works now!

    ReplyDelete