Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Simply Life


"It was one of those days that I didn't mind going to school because the weather was so pretty. The sky was overcast with clouds, and the air felt like a warm bath. I don't think I've ever felt that clean before. When I got home, I had to mow the lawn for my allowance, and I didn't mind one bit. I just listened to the music, and breathed in the day, and remembered things. Things like walking around the neighborhood and looking at the house and the lawns and colorful trees and having that be enough." 
- The Perks of Being a Wallflower 



Too often I get carried away in the whirlwind that I call life. Meeting, class, tutoring, meeting, office hours, read, read, read, babysit, radio show, meeting, laundry, sleep, stress, repeat. More often than not I have to make a conscious effort to stop and enjoy the world around me and all of the simple pleasures it offers. Like a beautiful sunset, warm air on my skin in late October, playing tag with the kids I babysit while crunchy leaves fall silently around us, a sip of hot coffee, or getting caught with a friend in a random windy rain shower. God gives us the privilege of experiencing miracles and blessings around us on a daily basis, and it's selfish not to take a minute for yourself to take note and appreciate these little wonders of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment