Thursday, October 7, 2010

Yumm

One of my favorite things about fall is baking yummy goodies like pumpkin pie, and broccoli bread. My mom and my best friend Caroline's mom used to make this all the time when we were little and I'm feeling deprived now that I'm at school. Every little kid's dream, coming home to broccoli bread right? I know it might sound weird, but trust me- it's delicious and I'd be more than happy to share.


Savory with a touch of sweetness, this bread recipe cooks up like cornbread but offers fiber and calcium from the broccoli. It works well as a side dish, especially on soup night.

Ingredients
  • 1  cup  egg substitute
  • 3/4  cup  fat-free cottage cheese
  • 1/2  cup  fat-free sour cream
  • 2  tablespoons  butter, melted
  • 3/4  teaspoon  salt
  • 1 1/2  cups  finely chopped onion
  • 1  (10-ounce) package frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and drained
  • 1  (8 1/2-ounce) package corn muffin mix (such as Jiffy)
  • Cooking spray
Preparation
Preheat oven to 400°.
Combine first 5 ingredients in a large bowl. Stir in the onion, broccoli, and muffin mix; stir until well blended. Pour into a 13 x 9-inch baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 400° for 27 minutes or until set.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment